The Yankees walked it off towards the Texas Rangers in Game 1 of their doubleheader on Sunday, 2-1.
Takeaways from the sport
1) Mama, there goes that man! Gleyber Torres hits the walkoff dinger towards John King in his 2-for-4 efficiency on the day. The 92 mph sinker was center out and Torres went with the pitch to ship everybody packing (no less than for a half hour earlier than Game 2 begins).
2) Gerrit Cole had a really strong outing as he patiently awaited his subsequent begin following the rain delays. He had all of his stuff working, particularly the fastball command with it dotting the plate at 100 mph at occasions. However, he did let up a solo homer to Kole Calhoun within the high of the seventh to make it a 1-1 sport. Still, he acquired his ERA right down to 2.67 on the yr after giving up 5 hits and putting out 10 over 6.1 innings.
3) Giancarlo Stanton lastly broke the scoreless tie for the Yanks within the backside of the sixth, hitting a sacrifice fly to attain Aaron Judge. It seemed like Stanton acquired all of that one and was about to make it 3-0, however the wind might have held the ball up.
4) The Yankees had been really getting no hit by Dane Dunning coming into that sixth inning earlier than Judge hit an infield single.
5) The Yanks’ bullpen did effectively to maintain the Rangers at bay, with Jonathan Loaisiga, pitching higher of late, going 1.2 innings of scoreless ball. Clay Holmes had a shutdown eighth inning as effectively.