Ticks are energetic throughout spring, summer season and autumn in Sweden. Although to date this 12 months only some TBE circumstances have been reported, it’s excessive time for individuals who shall be staying in danger areas to take a stand on vaccination earlier than this 12 months’s tick season. This is in accordance with the suggestions from the areas’ an infection management items.
The circumstances of TBE at the moment are reported from Gävle municipality and southwards, and have steadily unfold westwards. In 2021, the incidence elevated in just about all areas. Therefore, you will need to take a place on vaccination based on the regional suggestions that exist the place you intend to be, says division head Britta Björkholm.
A complete of 533 circumstances of TBE had been reported in 2021. This is the very best variety of circumstances at nationwide degree reported in Sweden. Compared with the earlier 12 months, this can be a doubling. Most circumstances had been reported in September and the bulk grew to become contaminated in Sweden.
The giant improve in 2021 might be attributable to a number of various factors, similar to:
- An improve within the small rodent inhabitants in the course of the 12 months 2020, ie forest voles and forest mice.
- Favorable climate situations for ticks and people to satisfy one another open air
- The pandemic may additionally have contributed to extra folks staying out within the wild than traditional and risking being bitten by ticks
Ticks often thrive in grass and shrub vegetation, particularly the place it’s humid. They are energetic throughout spring, summer season and autumn. As ticks typically take fairly a very long time to decide on an acceptable chunk web site, the next recommendation can scale back the danger of being bitten by a tick:
- Check the pores and skin and clothes commonly to detect and take away any ticks.
- Inspect your complete physique after staying within the tick space.
- Full-coverage clothes partially protects towards tick bites.