The Platinum Jubilee is simply across the nook and if you happen to’re internet hosting individuals for the occasion, you could be planning some recipes that Her Majesty would approve of.
And prime of the record must be a basic English scone.
But if you wish to give your scone slightly extra finesse for the event, now we have simply the recipe for you.
Olympic diver Tom Daley, in partnership with British Lion Eggs, has provide you with a scone recipe with a twist – that includes blue cheese, spring onions and an egg mayo.
The recipe takes simply 10 minutes of preparation time and Quarter-hour of cooking time, to allow them to be simply whipped up forward of the financial institution vacation.
They’re nice alongside different picnic snacks or as part of a day tea – significantly with a cuppa.
The recipe for these savoury treats will be discovered beneath.
Mini blue cheese scones with herby egg mayo recipe:
Ingredients or the scones:
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 75g chilly unsalted butter, lower into small cubes
- 75g blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 75ml entire milk
- 1 massive British Lion egg
Ingredients for the egg mayonnaise:
- 3 massive British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 small bunch blended herbs (equivalent to parsley, chives and dill), finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 230C/210 Fan/Gas Mark 8. Line a big baking tray with baking parchment. Mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar right into a medium mixing bowl till mixed. Add the butter. Using your fingertips rub the butter into the flour combination till it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Stir within the blue cheese and spring onions. Combine the milk and egg in a jug and add to the bowl. Mix collectively till simply mixed.
3. Drop heaped spoonfuls of the combination onto the ready tray (round 2 heaped tbsp, piled on prime of one another as they unfold when cooking) and bake within the oven for 10-Quarter-hour till golden and risen. Leave to chill.
4. Meanwhile, deliver water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the eggs and boil for 10 minutes. Drain beneath chilly water to chill, then place right into a bowl with the mayonnaise. Mash collectively utilizing a fork, then stir by way of the herbs and season to style.
5. To serve, slice the scones in half with a serrated knife and pile the egg mayo on the underside half earlier than topping with the lid.
Do you’ve a narrative to share?
Get in contact by emailing MetroLifestyleStaff@Metro.co.uk.