Have you bought that Friday feeling but?
There’s nothing like ending the working week with a cocktail (or three), particularly when there’s a sunny weekend forward.
Not to say, at the moment is World Cocktail Day – and what higher method to have fun than cleansing out your shaker and having a DIY cocktail session within the backyard?
The screwdriver is the final word simple Friday cocktail to get you within the temper for summer time.
One of the world’s first vodka-based cocktails, the screwdriver acquired its identify when American oil staff within the Persian Gulf added vodka to their orange juice whereas working.
They had no spoons to stir their concoctions so, as an alternative, resorted to stirring with a screwdriver.
Et Voila! The humble screwdriver cocktail was born.
But it wouldn’t be an actual cocktail for those who didn’t add a little bit little bit of a twist, would it not?
How to make the proper screwdriver cocktail
Tommy Cummins, Head of Drinks Development at The Umbrella Workshop, Shoreditch, has created the Aqua De Valencia, which is a “kind of riff on a screwdriver.”
- 30ml vodka (Tommy recommends Vestal Vodka)
- 30ml gin (Tommy recommends Killowen Gin)
- 70ml contemporary blood orange juice
- 10ml sugar syrup at a ratio of two:1
- 70ml glowing wine (Tommy recommends Yves Duport- Originelle)
- Grab your self a big wine glass and add the primary 4 components to the glass
- Fill to the highest with ice and provides it a fast stir
- Then high with some fizz
- Finally, garnish with a slice of orange and a Spanish olive
Do you could have a narrative to share?
Get in contact by emailing MetroLifestyleTeam@Metro.co.uk.